Friday, December 19, 2008

Of Cat Lairs and Cathedrals

Bella has the coolest grandparents ever.  This past Monday she received a Christmas present from her Mimi and Papa in the mail.  It was a little cat hut with a springy ball to play with and enticing feathers to bat.  

Bella was so taken with it that she climbed in before I had a chance to fully assemble it.

I couldn't put it together right away because my aunt and uncle were picking me up to go to the Festival of Lessons and Carols at St. Andrew's Cathedral.

The cathedral is beautiful on the inside.  Really big, with soaring vaulted ceilings.  There are golden stars painted on parts of the ceiling.  I found the big dipper.

At any rate, the carols were sung by the Grand Rapids Choir of Men and Boys.  They did an excellent job.  The lessons were read by choir members and people from the community.  One of them was Uncle Charlie, from Children's Bible Hour.  That was a pleasant surprise.

When I got home, Bella was champing at the bit for me to finish off her house.  As you can see, she loves it.

Thanks, Mimi and Papa!

Stay tuned for the Jingle Bella Christmas Countdown!

3 comments:

Honshell said...

see email

Honshell said...

Aha - Nevermind ...

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

How sweet! My boys' "grandparents" don't really acknowledge their existence, so Bella is quite the lucky kitty!

That church is gorgeous inside. What a neat experience.