Saturday, March 15, 2008

Large Cat, Small Box

There are plenty of comfortable places around this apartment for a cat to sleep.  Take this bed, for instance.  It's actually a cat bed; made specifically for felines and outfitted with a catnip-filled throw.  Should be a cat magnet, don't you think?

Or this chair.  While not exclusively a cat chair, it does have a pillow with my particular cat's name embroidered on it, as well as a likeness of her sitting on a likeness of that very chair (thanks, Mother!).  Practically an engraved invitation for an animal seeking somnolence.

So why my cat would reject these two havens of comfort and instead cram her 14-pound carcass into a box no larger than a sheet of notebook paper is beyond me.

Yeah, sorry, I can't answer that question.  I simply don't know...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why? Because she's a cat. Their reasoning prowess is much higher than ours. ;)

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

As my husband often says when I pose those why questions about our cats, "Because that's just what kitties do!"